It’s really worthwhile making burgers from scratch at home as you can add the level of seasoning that you prefer and you know exactly what ingredients have been added to the meat. Above all they are so tasty and you can freeze some for a busier day!
Makes 12 mini burgers
400g good quality beef mince
4 tbsp Fused Clever Classic soy sauce
3 tbsp panko
2 tbsp passata
1-2 tbsp honey (depending on the level of sweetness you prefer)
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using your hands make 12 small balls with the burger mix (place in the fridge in an airtight container).
- When you are ready to fry the burger, flatten them gently but firmly with your hands to form the shape of a burger.
- Heat a non stick frying pan on medium to high heat, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Carefully place the burgers on the frying pan.
- Seal on both sides then continue to fry until cooked through.
- You can serve the burgers Japanese style with freshly steamed rice and vegetables or in a bun with salad and fries.
- The burgers can be stored in the fridge for a few days in an airtight container or frozen. Take the burgers out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before frying.