For this recipe the lamb meat is seasoned with one of my favourite Japanese seasonings called shichimi togarashi (Japanese seven spice) and served with a natural yoghurt dip.
Shichimi togarashi goes really well with all types of meat including chicken and beef but also pairs well with white fish.
- Vegetable oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely diced
- 500 g good quality lamb minced
- Bunch of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shichimi togarashi
- 1 tbsp Fused Soy Sauce to season
- 8 skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish, optional
Yoghurt and mint dip
- 5 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- Large bunch of mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Zest of ½ a lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil on a frying pan on a medium heat and add the diced onion. Slowly cook the onion, allowing it to sweat, and then fry until translucent (do not brown). Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- In a large bowl mix together the minced lamb, parsley, shichimi togarashi and onion. Season with Fused Soy Sauce.
- With dampened hands take a handful of meat and using a firm hand form a rectangular shape. Push a skewer through the meat.
- Place under a grill on a high heat for 10 to 20 minutes (or until cooked to your liking). Place a cup of water on the base of the grill to stop the meat drying out.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dip together in a bowl and serve on the side.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, optional.