- 8 wooden skewers, pre-soaked in water for 20 minutes to avoid burning
Protein: choose one of the following
- 4 chicken thighs skin and bone removed, cut into bitesize/2-inch cubes
- 320 g large raw prawns peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 300 g firm tofu cut into cubes
- Preheat BBQ grill to high.
- Toss the protein and veg in the marinade, then cover and pop in the fridge for at least 30 minutes - ideally up to an hour for the tofu.
- Remove protein/veg from marinade and thread onto skewers, interweaving protein with veg. Don’t pack on too tightly. Reserve any remaining marinade, this will be used to glaze the skewers throughout cooking.
- For prawns and tofu, grill for 3-4 mins, turning every minute or so until just cooked. For the chicken skewers, grill around 15 mins, turning every 3 minutes.
- For all proteins, brush them with the leftover marinade each time you turn them over, two or three times during cooking. You may need to add the skewers in batches, depending on the size of your BBQ.
- Once cooked, remove from the grill and serve on a platter. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and sliced spring onion to garnish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!