Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 g Fused Chopped Ginger shop
- 5 g Fused Chopped Garlic shop
- 450 g good quality beef mince
- 2 Large aubergines cut into large, square pieces
- 4 Portions of boiled rice to serve
- A few handfuls of cooked garden peas to serve
For the teriyaki sauce
- 8 tbsp Fused Soy Sauce shop
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp sake
- 2 tsp sugar
- Mix the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce together in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved, then set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic and fry for a minute or so (do not brown the garlic or ginger).
- Add the mince and stir using a wooden spoon to help break up the mince. Continue to fry until the meat is nearly cooked (do not cook the meat fully or it may become dry).
- Add the aubergine pieces and stir into the mince using the wooden spoon.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the mince and aubergine and mix well together. Cook on a high heat for a few minutes, then let it simmer until the aubergine is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with boiled rice and cooked garden peas.
TIP This dish can be kept in the fridge for a few days and freezes really well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!