Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
- 4 ripe bananas peeled and sliced in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tbsp Fused White Miso Paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup agave or honey also work
- 3-4 tbsp rum or whiskey
- 1 pinch good quality salt
- 40 g pecans to serve - or another nut of choice, walnuts work well
- 4 serves vanilla or salted caramel ice cream to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C fan/gas 8.
- Bash the pecans on the chopping board and add to a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Stir until toasted for 1 minute or so. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, miso paste, maple syrup and rum.
- In an ovenproof dish, pour the sugar and miso mixture over the banana halves and toss until coated. Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt, if you like.
- Bake for 15 mins, then remove from the oven.
- Heat a frying or grill pan to a high heat. Grill the bananas for 3-5 mins, or until bubbling and caramelised.
- Spoon the bananas into bowls and scatter the pecans on top. Serve with ice cream and any of the remaining caramelised syrup from the ovenproof dish drizzled over the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!