This is the perfect mid week meal to use leftover vegetables in the fridge.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 clove garlic (or Fused Chopped Garlic) peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger (or Fused Chopped Ginger)
- 1 onion peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 egg beaten
- 4 portions cooked rice
- 4 tbsp Fused soy sauce (naturally fermented) to season
- Sesame oil to season
- Quarter of cucumber peeled & thinly sliced, to garnish
- Heat some vegetable oil in a wok or non stick frying pan on a medium to high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and onion. Fry for a minute or so (do not brown).
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- Toss in the peppers and mix well together,
- Push the ingredients on the wok/pan to one side making room for the egg. Pour the beaten egg into the cleared part of the frying pan and fry for a minute or so (try not to overcook the egg at this stage).
- In a small bowl mix Fused soy sauce and honey together. Pour over the dish, mix well together and continue to fry for a few minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil just before taking off the heat, Mix well together and garnish with thinly sliced cucumber.
Everyone tends to like different amounts/ flavours of soy sauce in their fried rice. So place Fused flavoured soy sauces on the table so everyone can help themselves while eating.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!