- 100 ml Katsu Curry Sauce go to my Chicken Katsu From Scratch Recipe OR use 100ml Fused Katsu Curry Stir Fry Sauce OR 3 tbsp Fused Katsu Curry Paste mixed with coconut milk to make a sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp flour for coating
- 2 eggs beaten
- 200 g panko breadcrumbs for coating
- olive oil for baking
- 4 brioche buns sliced in half
- 4 radishes sliced thinly
- 4-8 lettuce leaves 1-2 leaves per person
For The Chicken Katsu
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the chicken breasts into a butterfly cut (this will allow the chicken to cook through faster in the oil).
- Prepare the flour, beaten egg and panko breadcrumbs on three separate plates. Then coat the chicken breasts in flour, dip in the beaten egg and cover in panko breadcrumbs.
- Lightly coat the breaded chicken breasts slices in olive oil and arrange on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins until the panko breadcrumbs on one side turn a nice golden brown colour. Turn over and bake for another few minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the coating is fully golden and crisp and the chicken is cooked all the way through, and set aside.
To Build Your Katsu Burgers
- Add a spoonfuls of curry sauce, lettuce leaf and sliced radish to the base of each brioche bun
- Add the katsu chicken cutlet to each bun (slice if you prefer).
- Finish with more curry sauce, lettuce leaf and sliced radish (to suit your taste) and the top of the brioche bun. Enjoy!
- You can serve the burgers Japanese style with freshly steamed rice and vegetables or in a bun with salad and fries. I love to serve alongside my Sweet Potato Fries with a wasabi mayo.
This recipe is based off my Chicken Katsu Curry From Scratch recipe – it was years in the making, and I promise you won’t be disappointed. However, if you don’t fancy preparing the dish from scratch the Fused Katsu Curry Meal Kit is the perfect option for you. For all you need to know about Katsu Curry, read our guide to the cult-dish here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!