For the sushi fillings and toppings
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ yellow pepper and ½ red pepper cut into small cubes
- 1 avocado cut into small cubes
- 8 large prawns cut into bitesize pieces
- To make the egg crêpe for the yellow ribbons to decorate the top of the sushi rice, lightly oil a nonstick frying pan with vegetable oil and place on a medium to high heat. Depending on the size of your pan, place about half the beaten egg on the frying pan so you have a very thin layer of egg like a crêpe. Now adjust the heat to low and leave the egg on the pan until the edges of the egg crêpe start to break away from the pan. Transfer to a large plate and set aside. Continue to do this until all the beaten egg is cooked. Place the egg crêpes on top of each other as they are cooked. When you’re finished, roll the pile of egg crêpes together. Then using a sharp knife cut into thin ribbons.
- Allow the seasoned sushi rice to cool to room temperature, and then mix half of the peppers, avocado and prawns into the rice. Place in a large serving dish.
- Scatter the remaining ingredients on top of the rice mix including the egg ribbons.
- For extra flavour lightly drizzle sesame oil and soy sauce all over and garnish with sesame seeds.
This is a type of sushi where the sushi rice is served in a bowl or on a large serving dish with a variety of ingredients mixed through the rice and also on top of the rice, including beautiful yellow ribbons which are made from egg, by simply frying it like a crêpe and then cutting it into thin ribbons.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!