- 300 g leftover cooked rice or freshly steamed rice see notes
- 3 eggs yolks and whites separated
- 2 spring onions sliced - separate whites and greens
- 1 tsp Fused Crushed Chilli
- 1 tsp Fused Chopped Garlic
- 2 tbsp Fused Glorious Ginger Soy Sauce
- olive oil for frying
- 3-4 handfuls mixed diced veg, fresh or frozen Try sweetcorn, peas, diced broccoli, bell peppers and carrot.
- 2 portions Chinese sausage, or other favourite protein e.g. leftover cooked meat, diced chicken breast fresh/frozen prawns, tofu
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the rice. Set aside.
- Preheat wok/pan until hot. Add oil and scramble egg whites and set aside.
- In the same wok, saute the chopped chilli, garlic and spring onion whites until sizzling and fragrant and the onion has softened.
- If using, add the diced Chinese sausage or other protein, and stir fry until fully cooked/warmed through.
- Add the diced mixed vegetables (thawed if using frozen), stir to mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add the egg yolk/rice mixture, breaking up any lumps and stir to mix everything thoroughly.
- Add Fused Glorious Ginger Soy Sauce and continue to stir until the egg is cooked and the rice is no longer wet.
- Fold in the egg whites and sliced spring onion greens. Drizzle a little more Fused on top if you like, serve and enjoy!
There are two camps when it comes to fried rice: those who believe freshly steamed rice is a no-go, and those who think freshly made warm rice is the only way to go! We think we can use either leftover or freshly made rice - whatever is easiest for you. Just make sure to coat as many single grains of rice with the egg yolk at the beginning and to break up any lumps as you go along. Also, make sure your wok/skillet is really hot before you start stir frying and have all your chopped ingredients ready to go.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!