Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
- 25-30 gyoza skins also called wrappers
- bowl water for sealing the dumplings
- vegetable oil for frying
- 80 ml cold water for steaming
- sesame oil to season
Ingredients for the filling
- 200 g minced chicken or prawn
- 100 g Asian cabbage/greens finely diced
- 1 tbsp Fused Chopped Ginger shop
- 1 tbsp Fused Chopped Garlic shop
- 3 shiitake mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 spring onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp Fused Clever Classic Soy Sauce shop
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp potato starch
Ingredients for the dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp Fused Clever Classic Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- few drops Fused Cheeky Chilli Soy Sauce or chilli oil (la-yu), to add spice
A: How to make the dumplings
- Mix all the ingredients for the gyoza filling in a bowl together and set aside.
- Place the gyoza skins, a clean water bowl, teaspoon and large serving dish on the counter top before you start making the dumplings.
- Place a gyoza skin on the palm of your hand, take a heaped teaspoon of the filling and place it in the centre of the gyoza skin.
- Moisten the edge of the upper half of the gyoza skin by dipping your finger in the bowl of water and sliding it along the edge.
- Fold the bottom half of the gyoza skin over the filling so that it meets the moistened upper half
- Start to pleat by folding the edges (make one pleat in the middle and two pleats at either side)
- Press firmly on all pleats to ensure that the ingredients are secure within the gyoza skin.
B: How to cook the dumplings
- Heat oil on a non-stick frying pan on medium to high heat.
- Place the gyoza on the pan and fry until the base of the gyoza is slightly golden.
- Pour cold water around the edges of the pan and cover with a lid. Leave cooking for 10 minutes or until almost all of the water has evaporated.
- Remove the lid and continue to fry until the water is fully absorbed.
- Finally, drizzle sesame oil over the gyoza and fry until the base of the gyoza is golden brown.
- Serve with the Fused soy sauce and rice vinegar dipping sauce.
Go to Fused online shop to see Fused range of real soy sauces with no MSG, no nasties & no refined sugar. Free delivery on orders over €45
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!