Apart from eating them directly from the pods, there are lots of different ways that you can use edamame, such as tossing the beans into salads and stir-fries. This recipe is one of my favourite ways to use edamame. You’ll need a pestle and mortar and a blender to make this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 200 g edamame out of the pod
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ clove garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to season
- Toss the sesame seeds into a roasting tray and place in a fan oven preheated to 150ºC for about 5 minutes.
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind the hot sesame seeds until most of them are cracked and ground.
- Cook the edamame, then drain. If still in the pods, remove by using your fingers to gently squeeze the beans out.
- Place the cooked edamame beans, ground sesame seeds and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blitz until the texture is nice and creamy.
- If you think the mixture is too dry, then add a little more olive oil or water.
- Serve with a selection of vegetale sticks and crackers.