This is a great way to start your day with the power of matcha (green powder tea), an ingredient I was introduced to in Japan. Matcha slowly releases caffeine compared to coffee. I’ve recently tried this recipe with another superfood “turmeric” and it works just as well. This can be packed and eaten on the go using an old jam jar. Enjoy!
- 200 g oats
- Few handfuls of your favourite mixed nuts almonds, pinenuts & seeds (e.g. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, linseeds)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon matcha or turmeric
- 1 kaki persimmon/ sharon fruit, peeled and thinly sliced (replace with seasonal fruit depending on the time of year).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the oats in a large flat pyrex dish.
- Toss in the nuts and mix well together.
- Over a low to medium heat melt the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan.
- Once melted stir well and pour evenly over the oats and nuts.
- Use a large spoon to completely cover the oats and nuts in the coconut oil and honey.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes (during this time stir a few times).
- Remove from the oven and once cool, add the matcha (or turmeric) powder and mix well.
- Add a few large spoonfuls of the granola to a cereal bowl and serve with natural yoghurt.