Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
Servings: 4 people
- 320 grams Japanese rice, uncooked
- 2.5 cups cold water
How to wash:
- Place the measured rice in a medium-sized bowl, cover with cold water and gently rub the rice grains against each other using your hands.
- Drain the rice, add more water and repeat two or three times until the water runs almost clear.
- Finally place the washed rice in a sieve to drain excess water.
How to cook:
- Using a rice cooker
- If you have a rice cooker at home, please wash the rice as instructed above and then follow the manufacturer’s instructions to cook the rice. Generally the rice cooker will include a rice measuring cup and a measure on the inside of the rice cooker bowl to guide you on the amount of water to add.
- Using a saucepan
- Transfer the washed rice to the saucepan. Add two and a half cups of cold water, cover and slowly bring to the boil over a medium to high heat (this takes about 10 minutes depending on the size of the saucepan and heat source).
- Once the water is boiling, reduce to a medium to low heat and continue to cook, covered, for a further 6 minutes or until the water is fully absorbed into the rice.
- Without lifting the lid (if possible – if the lid on the saucepan is not clear you may want to slightly lift it to check if the water is fully absorbed), remove from the heat and set aside for another 10 minutes to allow the rice to continue cooking in its own steam.
- Use a rice spatula to gently fold the rice, then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!