Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large onion peeled & roughly chopped
- 250 g beef mince good quality
- 1 tablespoon Fused Chopped Ginger
- 1 large carrot peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 large potatoes peeled & roughly chopped
- Blanched green beans to serve
For the broth
- 500 ml water
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- Sheet of dried Irish kelp seaweed
- 80 ml Fused soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Add the onion and fry for a minute or so. Then add the beef mince and ginger and continue to fry for a few more minutes.
- Toss in the carrot and potatoes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the broth together in a large bowl and then add to the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Using a ladle remove any foam that floats to the top of the water.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through (remove the kelp seaweed before serving)
- Serve in a bowl and top with thinly sliced blanched green beans, accompanied by rustic bread.
- This stew recipe would also work well with a slow cooker!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!