- 12 fresh oysters
- 2 lemons freshly squeezed
- beni shoga (pickled red ginger) finely chopped
- shichimi togarashi (Japanese seven spice)
- Fused Soy Sauce shop
- crushed ice to serve
- Using a tea towel and a small sharp knife, open the oysters.*
- Pour some freshly squeezed lemon juice over the oysters and serve with beni shoga, shichimi togarashi and soy sauce.
- Place them on a large serving dish with crushed ice.
*The process of opening an oyster is called "shucking" and they can be a little tricky to open if it's your first time. There are special knives you can buy for this but if you have a small, very strong, sharp knife at home, that should do it. Use the tea towel to hold the oyster, to give you some grip and protect your hand. Placing the tip of the knife in the "hinge" of the oyster (there is a small hole between the shells at the pointy end of the oyster), twist and push the knife firmly to open the shell and then cut along the side, underneath the shell, and pop it open.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!