Vegetable oil, for frying
Half red chilli, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
Handful of spinach, roughly chopped
Handful of purple cabbage, finely sliced
Handful of fresh beetroot, peeled and cut julienne
Half sweet potato, peeled and cut julienne
200g tofu, preferably organic, cut into small cubes
For the sauce:
3 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce, to season
1 tsp sesame oil, to season
1 tsp honey, to season (optional)
Freshly steamed rice, to serve
Roasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok over a medium to high heat.
- Toss in the garlic and chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add the mixed purple vegetables and fry for a few minutes. Then add the spinach and tofu. Mix well and fry for a few more minutes (try not to overcook the vegetables so they keep their crunchy texture).
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and add into the stir-fry and mix well, continuing to fry for a few minutes.
- Serve on two plates with freshly steamed rice.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds