- Preferred oil for frying
- 500 g pack lean minced meat (lamb or beef) or vegan mince alternative
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp Fused Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Fused Chopped Ginger
- 2 carrots chopped into small chunks (or grated finely to hide veggies from the kids!)
- 50-100 grams Fused Katsu Curry Paste depending on the intensity of katsu flavour you want to add to this classic casserole!
- Fused Soy Sauce to season
- 200 ml hot stock (lamb, beef, chicken or veg)
- 100 g frozen peas
- 900 g potatoes regular or sweet potatoes
- 85 g butter or vegan alternative
- 3 tbsp dairy milk or unsweetened dairy-free alternative
- 1 lime half juiced, sliced into quarters to serve
- handful coriander leaves separated & rough chopped, to serve
- Add oil to a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for a few minutes. Then add the garlic and ginger followed by the mince and carrots, stirring often, until the meat is browned and the carrots are starting to soften, about 8 mins.
- Add the Katsu Curry Paste and some soy sauce to season and cook for a further few mins until fragrant.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, tip in the peas and cook for a further 5 mins or so until the peas are cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a large pan of salted water until just tender, about 8 mins. Drain well, then mash with 85g butter and 3 tbsp milk.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Transfer the mince mixture to an overproof baking dish and top with the potatoes and ruffle with a fork.
- Then bake for 30-35 mins until potatoes are golden, and the mince is bubbling through at the edges.
- Serve while still piping hot with lime wedges on the side and coriander scattered on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!