Servings: 6 patties
- Vegetable oil
- 1 Small onion peeled and finely diced
- 400 g Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- Flour for coating
- 1 egg beaten
- Panko for coating
- A few lime wedges to garnish
- Heat some oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add the onion. Slowly cook the onion, allowing it to sweat, then fry until translucent (do not brown).
- In a large bowl mix the cooked onion, potato and curry powder.
- Place the flour, beaten egg and panko on three separate plates.
- Take a handful of potato mix and start to shape the potato into patty or oval shapes with your hands.
- Coat each patty in the flour, egg and finally panko.
- Pour a generous amount of oil into a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the patties into the pan and fry on one side for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Then flip over and fry on the other side for a few more minutes until golden brown. Sit on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with lime wedges.
This is a great way to use leftover potatoes at home. Korroke is usually deep-fried, but I prefer to pan-fry them as it’s healthier and they’re just as tasty.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!