For the cupcake mix
- 2 eggs preferably free range
- 100 g soft butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 125 ml milk
- 200 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp matcha powder
For the matcha icing
- 200 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp matcha
- 100 g soft butter cubes
- 20 ml milk
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sieve the flour and matcha together a few times to make sure the matcha powder is completely mixed into the flour.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the cupcake mix in an electric mixer for a few minutes or until it’s well mixed together.
- Place the cupcake cases in the baking tin. Using a large spoon to fill the cases over half-way with the batter.
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the cakes are well risen and firm on top. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To make the green icing
- Sieve the icing sugar and matcha together a few times to make sure the matcha powder is completely mixed into the icing sugar.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter cubes and icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Finally add the milk and continue to whisk for a few more minutes.
- Use a piping bag to decorate the top of the cupcakes with the green icing.
Break a few pocky sticks in half and place on top of the cupcake to finish decorating.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!