Homemade Pancakes With Matcha
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 180 g flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha (green tea powder) optional
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bread soda
- Vegetable oil for frying
Toppings (savoury and sweet)
- Bacon, smoked salmon, tomato, mushroom, selection of cheese savoury
- Mixed berries sweet
- Honey/ maple syrup
- White chocolate shavings & mint leaves to garnish
- In a large bowl mix the buttermilk and egg together.
- In another large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, matcha, baking powder and bread soda). To ensure that the matcha is evenly dispersed through the flour, pass the mixture through a sieve 2 or 3 times.
- Add the dry ingredient mix to the buttermilk and egg, whisk until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Add vegetable oil to a non stick frying pan and set the heat to medium/high.
- Using a large spoon, place one spoon of batter carefully on the frying pan.
- Fry for 1 – 2 minutes until bubbles form on top, then flip and continue to fry on the other side for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve on a plate along with the recommended toppings and garnish with white chocolate shavings and mint leaves.