Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 180 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 180 g peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 3 tbsp Fused White Miso Paste
- 100 g light or dark brown sugar
- 50 g white granulated sugar plus extra, see below
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 50 g white granulated sugar optional for rolling
- 3 tbsp black and/or white sesame seeds optional for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set them aside. On a plate or shallow bowl, combine the sugar and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- To a large bowl, add the butter, peanut butter and miso. Blend using an electric hand beater until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla; cream together for a full 2 minutes, until very creamy and a light pale brown colour. Add in the egg and blend one last time.
- Pour in the flour all at once and mix on a low speed (so the flour doesn’t fly out) until you no longer see any speckles of flour.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream or cookie scoop, scoop out balls of dough and roll them in between your palms to form a ball. You should have around 24 balls.
- Roll each ball in the sugar/sesame mixture and transfer to the baking sheets, about 5-inches apart.
- Using the tines of a fork, press down to flatten slightly and then turn the fork perpendicular and flatten them slightly again. This should form a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake the cookies, one baking sheet at a time, ideally, for about 9-11 minutes. Just until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!