Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
Servings: 8 skewers
- 4 chicken thighs skin and bone removed, cut into bitesize/2-inch cubes
- 3 spring onions cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Spring onion to garnish
For the sauce
- 6 tbsp sake
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp Fused Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce to a simmer on a medium to low heat for 12 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken (don’t reduce it too much or it will caramelise). Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Thread the chicken and spring onion alternatively onto the skewers.
- Preheat the grill to a high heat.
- Brush all the skewers with the sauce before putting them under the grill.
- Place the skewers high in the grill to give a barbeque effect to the chicken.
- Grill them for about 15 minutes, turning and brushing them with the sauce two or three times during cooking.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onion.
These chicken skewers taste much nicer if you use dark chicken meat. They can be cooked on a grill, but also go really well on a barbeque during the summer months.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!