Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
- 4 eggs preferably free-range or organic, at room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g plain flour sieved
- 1 tbsp pandan extract recipe here
- 1 large pot of whipped cream (add a few teaspoons of icing sugar and mix well)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar in an electric mixer for about 10 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Add a tablespoon of pandan extract and whisk again for less than a minute.
- Using a large spoon fold the sieved flour into the mix. Make sure that the flour is completely mixed into the egg and sugar mix.
- Carefully line a baking tin with greaseproof paper (I grease this lightly with butter).
- Pour the batter onto the baking tin (using a spatula gently even out the batter).
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes in the baking tin.
- Turn the cake over onto a clean tea towel. Now carefully tear away the greaseproof paper from the cake.
- Roll the cake in a clean tea towel and allow to cool (this will avoid it breaking later).
- Unfold the cake when it is cool and spread the whipped cream mix evenly on the cake.
- Roll again and dust with icing sugar.
- Put in the fridge until ready to eat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!