Persimmon Fruit Tart (Kaki Tart)
The persimmon and white chocolate cream in this recipe are a match made in heaven!
- Puff pastry shop bought and pre-rolled (320g puff pastry makes 9 servings)
- 5 persimmon fruit about half a persimmon fruit per serving
- Brown sugar to dust
- 100 g good quality white chocolate
- 250 ml fresh cream whipped
- Icing sugar to decorate
- Unwrap the pastry and roll out on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife cut the pastry into rectangular pieces large enough to serve one person for dessert. For 320g of puff pastry I divided the pastry into nine servings.
- Peel the persimmon fruit, cut in half and then into thick slices.
- Place four or five pieces along the centre of the pastry. Dust with brown sugar.
- Bake at 200°C in a fan oven for 10–15 minutes until the pastry is slightly browned and crisp.
- Break the white chocolate into small squares and place in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water on a medium heat. Allow the chocolate to slowly melt while stirring.
- Once completely melted set aside for a few minutes to let cool a little, then add to the whipped cream and mix well together.
- Serve the persimmon tart with a spoonful of white chocolate cream and dust with icing sugar.
To find out more about this amazing fruit, see my note here.