Poke bowls have become trendy and I’m not complaining! It’s basically a deconstructed sushi roll. So it’s filled with healthy ingredients, really easy to make and there’s lots of room to get creative and use your favourite toppings.
Salmon Poke Bowl
- 4 portions of freshly steamed rice white or brown
- 600 g sushi grade (or smoked) salmon cut into cubes
- 1 mango peeled & cut into cubes
- 2 avocados halved and thinly sliced
- Pickled ginger/ seaweed/ sesame seeds to garnish
- Caviar optional for a special occasion
For the dressing, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl
- 4 tablespoons Fused soy sauce shop here
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- To assemble the poke bowls arrange four bowls alongside each other. Fill the bowls about halfway with rice depending on your preference.
- Start to build the poke bowl using the photo for guidance with your preferred fish and the other selection of toppings.
- Finally drizzle the dressing over the poke bowl. Eat and enjoy!
- If you are looking for a poke bowl resturant near you, there are lots of restaurants around Dublin that serve poke bowls exclusively or restaurants that have it on the menu.