Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
- A sharp knife
- 150 g Sashimi-grade salmon
- Pickled ginger to serve
- Fused Soy Sauce to serve
- Wasabi to serve
- If you don’t want to clean and fillet a whole salmon from scratch, then a good fishmonger will be able to give you a side of salmon instead. You can ask him to remove the pin bones and the skin if you don’t feel confident doing this at home.
- Divide the salmon into blocks (about 1 inch high and 3 inches wide).
- Using a sharp knife thinly slice the salmon (try to cut in one clean stroke to avoid damaging the salmon).
- Serve on a plate along with pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.
Sashimi is typically served with pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi. The pickled ginger helps to cleanse the palate. If the fish is really fresh it should be so soft it will nearly melt in your mouth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!