Everyone loves this salmon teriyaki recipe, so it's perfect for a family meal!
- Vegetable oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- A handful of spinach leaves washed
- Rice to serve
- 1 avocado, sliced to serve
- A handful of sesame seeds to garnish
- Combine the soy sauce and honey in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Pour a little vegetable oil into a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat.
- Place the salmon fillets (skin-side down) on the frying pan and sear both sides of the fish.
- When the fish is nearly cooked (place the salmon fillets skin-side down at this point) pour the teriyaki sauce over it.
- Use a large spoon to continually pour the sauce over the fish fillets while continuing to fry.
- Fry until the teriyaki sauce is reduced to the consistency of a syrup. Just before taking it off the heat add the spinach leaves and leave on the pan for one minute.
- Serve with rice and sliced avocado. Garnish with sesame seeds.
This is still one of the most talked-about recipes at my cooking classes. The perfect combination of flavours in the salmon and the sweet teriyaki sauce make this an all-time favourite in households across the world and on menus in both Asian and non-Asian restaurants. TOP TIP! Keep a close eye on the teriyaki sauce as it can quickly reduce on a high heat and start to burn.