Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Share!Mention @fusedbyfionauyema or tag #fused!
- 4 corn on the cob
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp brown sugar
For the chilli mayo dip:
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise Kewpie or regular
- 2 tsp Fused Cheeky Chilli Soy Sauce add more to taste
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil it’s strong, add it to taste
- With a sharp knife, cut off the bottom 1cm or so, so that you have a flat base. Sit the corn on the flat base, then cut it half, cutting down the length of the corn. It will be quite tough – be careful.
- Lay the two halves down, then cut them into about three ribs, again, cutting lengthways, and keeping some of the middle intact. Each rib should be about three-four kernels wide.
- Make your BBQ spice mix by mixing the cumin, dried coriander, smoked paprika, oregano and the sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly coat the ribs in oil and the spice mix.
- Preheat the BBQ grill to high. Place the corn, cut side down on the grill, turning regularly until each side is starting to char and caramelize about 10-15 minutes.
- For Oven-Baked Corn Ribs: Lay the seasoned corn on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 190ºC for between 25-30 minutes.
- For the chilli mayo: Meanwhile, as the corn ribs cook, prepare the chilli mayo by mixing all the ingredients together.
- To serve: Once cooked, while still piping hot, serve ribs on a platter with the mayo drizzled on top or as dip on the side.
When cutting the corn please be careful of your knife! Always be aware of where your knife blade is and the placement of your fingers. The oven-baked corn doesn't curl as quickly/easily as when cooked on BBQ. You may want to increase the time slightly if you want them super crispy and curly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!