- 1/2 large aubergine
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp Fused Clever Classic soy Sauce
- Half tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Half tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas 1 and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Use two trays if small. When the aubergine slices are placed on the tray they should not overlap.
- Cut the halved aubergine once more in half, lengthways, so you have two long, skinny pieces.
- Then cut each piece into thin long strips about 3mm thick - resembling the size/shape of bacon, slightly thicker than paper thin.
- Mix together the oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, smoked paprika, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Lay the aubergine slices on the baking tray in a single layer and brush both sides with the soy and spice mixture.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, then flip aubergine slices over, and bake for an additional 5-15 minutes (or longer if slices are thicker).
Note: the aubergine bacon will crisp up more as it cools so don’t take it too far in the oven or it’ll go too hard.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!