- 2 bundles/portions egg or ramen noodles
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion peeled and finely sliced
- 5 g Fused Chopped Garlic shop
- 5 g Fused Chopped Ginger shop
- Large handful savoy cabbage leaves washed and finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut julienne style
- handful pak choi leaves
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms or any type of mushroom available, washed and sliced
For the sauce
To make the homemade yakisoba sauce
- Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes on a medium heat until the sauce thickens to the same consistency as tomato ketchup and then set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then set aside. Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the onion for a minute. Then add the Fused Garlic and Ginger along with the cabbage and fry for a minute or so before adding the carrots and pak choi. Don’t overcook the vegetables so they keep their crunchy texture.
- Toss the noodles and sauce into the stir-fry and mix well, continuing to fry for a few minutes.
- Serve on two plates and top with milled dillisk or nori seaweed and Fused Chopped Garlic.
For two years I lived in a beautiful rural village near the coast of Japan. Every summer the local community organised a trek, with a barbeque on the beach afterwards. I was surprised to see yakisoba being cooked on the barbeque, as usually, you see it at street stalls during festivals. Of course, you can also cook this dish at home too!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!